Theme: “Youth Employment in Africa”
“We want to hear from Africa’s young people themselves about how we can do more to create good paying jobs,” said the World Bank’s Chief Economist for Africa Shanta Devarajan. “These sessions are vital to hear directly from them.”
Friday April 20th 2012
10.00- 10.30 Registration- Networking
10.30- 10.40 Welcome From Africa Gathering Curator and World Bank
10.40- 11.45 Open Debate: Who is employed and who is not?
11.45- 12.00 Let’s talk about Jobs: How hard is it to find a good paying Job in Ghana?
12.00- 13.00 What sorts of jobs are out there for the youth?
13.00- 14.00- LUNCH- TEA- COFFEE
1400- 15.45 – Focused Talking Point (Youth and Employment)
Analysis & Discussion
- Employment: Why aren’t we employed?
- Youth & Technology: Can they be employed through Technology? Agriculture or others disciplines?
- Policy and Education: How can we create Jobs for the youth? Is our education system enabling or failing the Youth?
- Hiring the Youth: Who is making their dreams come true?
15.45-16.15- Group reflexions- what did you learn and share today?
- Compare it to your situation
- How apply it to your personal context
- Pros and cons based on your perspective
- Processes taken to make this conclusion
- Immediate actions to take forward
16.15- 16.45– Group Leaders Presentation of Outcomes & Discussion on ideas shared
16.45- 17.00- Curator last Word and Thank you
Join the conversation on twitter: #Jobs4Africa- Follow @WorldBankAfrica @Africagathering
Facebook Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/worldbankafrica
Be updated via Twitter: www.twitter.com/worldbankafrica
For our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/worldbank